Introduction to sport climbing courses, whether you’re a complete novice, traditional climber wishing to climb sport for the first time or an indoor climber wanting to touch rock, to learn the basics this is the course for you. After this recommended week long course you should be able to climb sport routes within your ability safely and competently.
Preliminary syllabus (subject to students needs)
- Introduction to basic climbing equipment (harness, helmet, ropes, belay devices)
- Basic rope work ( tying into the rope, belaying and lowering)
- Types of lower off anchors and how to use them
- Clipping running belays
- Climbing techniques and communication
- How to identify poor or dangerous fixed gear
- Use and maintenance of climbing equipment
- How to interpret route descriptions
- Climbing and the environment
- Recommended literature for further study
- All equipment can be provided.
- Ratio instructor to Student 1-1 to 1-4
- What´s included: 7 nights self- catering accommodation, help to arrange transport from airport and we can arrange local pickup depending on time.
- 5 days instruction with one of our qualified and insured guides, all climbing equipment.
- What´s not included: Flights, food and travel insurance we recommend BMC insurance
To gain the most from this course you should have a keen interest, with limited or no experience of rock climbing.
We believe that we are the most flexible climbing course provider around. We employ local guides and as we own the accommodation we can control all aspects of our requirements. If you don’t see any dates that fit on the diary then please get in touch and see what we can do. After 8 years of working this way, trust us to find you a perfect solution.
You can click on each course for more details…..
Comments from course members:Thanks for sharing your enthusiasm and joy of climbing with us. We´ve learnt a lot and are looking forward to keeping it up in Norway. We love your house and the atmosphere you´re created for it – thank for a great week. Hope to see you again in January! Maike & Kristin
Thanks for being the back bone of an amazing trip. Rich you managed to scare the living day lights out me, but I enjoyed every minute of it. I´ve learnt new climbing skills, pushed my grade and made loads of great new friends an altogether fantastic time. I´ll be seeing you again.
Introduction to rock climbing