Traditional climbing courses
Whether you’re a complete novice or sport climber wishing to climb traditionally for the first time or an indoor climber wanting to touch rock, to learn the basics this is the course for you. After this recommended week long course you should be able to climb trad routes within your ability safely and competently.
Preliminary syllabus (subject to students needs)
- Introduction to basic climbing equipment (harness, helmet, ropes, belay devices)
- Basic rope work ( tying into the rope, belaying and lowering)
- Passive and active leader placed protection
- Building belays and equalization
- Clipping running belays
- Climbing techniques and communication
- Use and maintenance of climbing equipment
- How to interpret route descriptions
- Climbing and the environment
- Recommended literature for further study
- All equipment can be provided.
- Ratio instructor to Student 1-1 to 1-4
- What´s included: 7 nights self- catering accommodation, 7 nights self- catering accommodation, help to arrange transport from airport and we can arrange local pickup depending on time.
- 5 days instruction with one of our qualified and insured guides, all climbing equipment.
- What´s not included: Flights, food and travel insurance we recommend BMC insurance
To gain the most from this course you should have a keen interest, with limited or no experience of rock climbing.You can click on each course for more details…..