Traditional climbing courses
Whether you’re a complete novice or sport climber wishing to climb traditionally for the first time or an indoor climber wanting to touch rock, to learn the basics this is the course for you. After this recommended week long course you should be able to climb sport routes within your ability safely and competently.
Preliminary syllabus (subject to students needs)
- Introduction to basic climbing equipment (harness, helmet, ropes, belay devices)
- Basic rope work ( tying into the rope, belaying and lowering)
- Passive and active leader placed protection
- Building belays and equalization
- Clipping running belays
- Climbing techniques and communication
- Use and maintenance of climbing equipment
- How to interpret route descriptions
- Climbing and the environment
- Recommended literature for further study
- All equipment can be provided.
- Ratio instructor to Student 1-1 to 1-4
- What´s included: 7 nights self- catering accommodation, all transport from Spanish airport/coach/train station (please note extra will be charged for very early or late pickups), 5 days instruction with one of our qualified and insured guides, all climbing equipment.
- What´s not included: Flights, food and travel insurance we recommend BMC insurance
A typical course:
Sunday: Arrive airport pick up and shopping.
Monday/Tuesday: Climbing instruction 09.00 to 18.00.
Wednesday: Day off, we can arrange shopping and beach trip.
Thurs, Fri & Sat: Climbing instruction 09.00 to 18.00
Sunday: Transfer from The Orange House to airport for your flight home.
To gain the most from this course you should have a keen interest, with limited or no experience of rock climbing.You can click on each course for more details…..